Water Department Contact Information:
Kevin Murray, Operator
General Number: (302) 436-8349
Emergency Number: (302) 853-0855
** If you damage your water meter, meter pit or accessories you will be responsible for all replacement costs**
Be sure that your meter pits are accessible at all times and keep them free of debris and snow!
In 2012, the Town of Selbyville adopted a Cross Connection Control Plan for backflow prevention to our water system.
Click the link below to view the Town’s Backflow Prevention Code.
Chapter 195: Water
§ 195-42: Backflow prevention.
For additional questions regarding backflow prevention and cross connections, please click each link and view the three videos below:
- Public Water System Stakeholders Advisory – Cross-Connection Control Programs
- How does the Cross-Connection Control Program Affect Me?
- Irrigation Backflow Prevention Device Overview
For a listing of Delaware Certified Backflow Testers see below:
Customers will need to select their state, then county, and it will display testers/inspectors in their area.
1st option: https://watercustomer.com/
2nd option: Contact Lisa with DRWA at 302-424-3792
Cross-Connection Control Plan:
Information on the Cross-Connection Control Plan
PFAs Overview and Action Plan
Persistent Pollutants Sampling Report: Focusing on PFAS
Your hot water heaters should be flushed at least two times per year. By doing this, you can eliminate sediment build up that causes odor.
Instructions for flushing your hot water heaters can be obtained at Town Hall.
Awards & Recognition:
- Selbyville Water Department is a proud recipient of the 2018 WATER FLUORIDATION QUALITY AWARD for maintaining a consistent level of optimal fluoridation for 12 consecutive months. Community fluoridation is recognized by the CDC as one of the ten greatest public health achievements in the 20th Century.
- Selbyville Water Department was awarded the 2019 AQUARIUS Recognition Award for the Methyl Tert-Butyl Ether Removal Project. Selbyville Water Department is recognized for exceptional focus on sustainability and protection of public health.